NOW OPEN for REGISTRATION! St. Mark CCD Faith Formation and Confirmation Classes (2022-2023)!
Classes will be held at the Parish Center.
Here are some dates to save regarding registration and the start of classes:
- Tuesday, September 6 – Deadline for submitting registration packet and fees (instructions are in the packet, and below)
- Tuesday, September 13 – Parent Orientation Meeting at Parish Center
- Sunday, September 18 – Catechetical Sunday Mass / Opening Mass (9:45 AM) and First Day of Classes for Grade 1-4, Sacramental Prep, and Confirmation 1
- Tuesday, September 20 – First Day of Classes – Grade 5-8 (7:00-8:15 PM)
- Sunday, September 25 – First Day of Classes – Confirmation 2
- Regular Class Schedule (Check calendar for specific dates, and other events):
- Grade 1 – 4, Sacramental Prep Class = Sundays, after the 9:45 AM Mass, until 12:00 Noon
- Grade 5 – 8 = Tuesdays 7:00-8:15 PM
- Confirmation Classes = Sundays 4:00-5:30 PM
- You will find the registration packets and calendars available for download below.
- If you are a current student, fill out the “Current Student” Registration Packet.
- If you are a new CCD or Confirmation student to our program, fill out the “New Student” Registration packet
- Please complete and sign the registration forms, enclose the form and fees (check payable to – St. Mark Church) in an envelope, and submit them to the Rectory Office by Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
- You may also drop the envelope into the mail slot of the Rectory door. You also have the option to mail the registration forms and fees, just inform me through email that I should wait for your mail. I can also assist in printing these registration forms for you, ready for pick up or delivery, just let me know if you need help.
Ed Ibarra (Coordinator of Religious Education, Youth Ministry, and RCIA)
Google Voice Mobile Phone: (408) 518-0887
Who We Are
The St. Mark Youth Group is for high school and middle school youth who desire to grow in their faith while also building communal connections.
Through a blend of spiritual, service, and social activities, teens are encouraged to experience the awesomeness of God the Father and to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
By way of monthly Youth Masses, the teens participate in all aspects of the Celebration of the Mass by serving as lectors, ushers, gift bearers, and Eucharistic ministers.
Monthly Faith Sharing meetings allow the teens to talk openly regarding spiritual, moral, ethical or even secular-based issues and explore God’s direction and purpose for their lives.
Why Join the Youth Group?
It can be tough out there on our own. In our hearts, we know we are called to love others and be faithful to God’s word – but it’s not easy. Not everyone defines love the same way. Jesus said, “Love consists in this – laying down one’s life for a friend.”
Every day, there are caring adults and other teens who lay down their lives for us – by giving us their attention, time, prayers, and friendship.
No one is perfect, but our God is – and He is always there for us. God calls us to love, forgive, be patient, and make a difference. He calls us to do this together as His Church.
Friendships made in youth ministry groups can grow into lifetime friendships as we continue in this faith-filled community we call the Catholic Church.
What We Do (faith & service)
- Monthly Youth Mass
- Monthly Faith Sharing Night
- Christmas Shopping for Catholic Worker House
- Souper Bowl of Caring Collection Fundraiser and Donation
- St. Vincent de Paul Homeless Help Center volunteering