“Let the children come to me; do not prevent them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” Mark 10:14
NOW OPEN for REGISTRATION! St. Mark CCD Faith Formation and Confirmation Classes (2022-2023)!
Classes will be held at the Parish Center.
Here are some dates to save regarding registration and the start of classes:
- Tuesday, September 6 – Deadline for submitting registration packet and fees (instructions are in the packet, and below)
- Tuesday, September 13 – Parent Orientation Meeting at Parish Center
- Sunday, September 18 – Catechetical Sunday Mass / Opening Mass (9:45 AM) and First Day of Classes for Grade 1-4, Sacramental Prep, and Confirmation 1
- Tuesday, September 20 – First Day of Classes – Grade 5-8 (7:00-8:15 PM)
- Sunday, September 25 – First Day of Classes – Confirmation 2
- Regular Class Schedule (Check calendar for specific dates, and other events):
- Grade 1 – 4, Sacramental Prep Class = Sundays, after the 9:45 AM Mass, until 12:00 Noon
- Grade 5 – 8 = Tuesdays 7:00-8:15 PM
- Confirmation Classes = Sundays 4:00-5:30 PM
- You will find the registration packets and calendars available for download below.
- If you are a current student, fill out the “Current Student” Registration Packet.
- If you are a new CCD or Confirmation student to our program, fill out the “New Student” Registration packet
- **Please complete and sign the registration forms, enclose the form and fees (check payable to – St. Mark Church) in an envelope, and submit to the Rectory Office by Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
- You may also drop the envelope into the mail slot of the Rectory door. You also have the option to mail the registration forms and fees, just inform me through email that I should wait for your mail. I can also assist in printing these registration forms for you, ready for pick up or delivery, just let me know if you need help.
Ed Ibarra (Coordinator of Religious Education, Youth Ministry, and RCIA)
Google Voice Mobile Phone: (408) 518-0887
When We Meet
Our Faith Formation program takes place in the context of participation with the community at Sunday Liturgy.
Classes for 1st – 4th Year students take place following the 9:45 am Mass on Sundays, while students in the 5th – 8th Year program meet on Tuesday evenings.
All our Catechists are required to have completed a “Protect our Children” online course and have had a Background Check.
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6: 24-26
The Faith Formation and Religious Education Program recognize parents to be the primary catechists of their children. Our aim, therefore, is to partner with parents in their journey of helping their children grow in their knowledge of God’s love and presence in their lives so that they will grow to be members of the Catholic Church who know, love, and serve God throughout their lives.
Year 1: In this foundational year, the children learn that “God loves us” and learn to follow Jesus’ example and become his disciples.
Year 2: Sacramental Preparation. The children continue their preparation to receive the Sacraments of 1st Reconciliation and 1st Holy Communion.
Year 3: In “We Are the Church”, the lessons cover the events of the early Church, that we are members of the Church, and are called to discipleship.
Year 4: In “God’s Law Guides Us”, the children learn about how the commandments teach us to love God, love others and grow in holiness.
Year 5: The children learn that Jesus instituted the sacraments and shares his life with us in “We Meet Jesus in the Sacraments”.
Year 6: In “We Are God’s People”, the lessons focus on the history of salvation, the formation of the covenant, building the covenant nation, and the ultimate fulfillment of the covenant in Jesus.
Year 7 & 8: The students explore their personal relationship with Jesus through discussions of the Gospel, and of what it means to live as a disciple of Christ