RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS
What is RCIA?
It is a process of assisting newcomers to our faith and church in their faith journey towards the Catholic way of life. We introduce the beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic Church, and help you explore what it means to be Catholic. We also help to prepare you to enter fully into our community of faith through the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist. Ultimately, we support you in discovering how to be a disciple of the Lord, and how to have a close relationship with Him.
You are welcome to join the RCIA process at any time of the year. We also adapt this process for older children, ages 7 and up.
Who should come to RCIA?
- People who are interested to become Catholic.
- People who were baptized Catholic, but have not received the Sacraments of Communion or Confirmation.
- People who are searching for God, want to reconnect with their faith, and come back to our Catholic Church.
How do I start the RCIA process?
- Contact Ed Ibarra, Coordinator of Religious Education, Youth Ministry, and RCIA.
- Everyone’s faith journey is unique, so we will set a first meeting to get to know each other better, and discuss what is involved in the process.
- Once we have people joining our RCIA process, we will have regular sessions every Sunday after the 9:45 AM Mass at the Parish Center, from 10:45-11:45am.
For more information, contact Ed Ibarra, Coordinator of Religious Education, Youth Ministry, and RCIA, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Google Voice Phone: (408) 518-0887.