RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN BECOMING CATHOLIC?
OR, INTERESTED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CATHOLIC FAITH?
Let them know that St Mark offers support and resources through the RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) process.
What is RCIA?
It is a process of assisting newcomers to our faith and church in their faith journey towards the Catholic way of life. We introduce the beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic Church and help you explore what it means to be Catholic. We also help to prepare you to enter fully into our community of faith through the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist (Communion). Ultimately, we support you in discovering how to be a disciple of the Lord, and how to have a close relationship with Him.
You are welcome to join the RCIA process at any time of the year. We also adapt this process for older children, ages 7 and up.
Who should come to RCIA?
- People who are interested to become Catholic
- People who were baptized Catholic, but have not received the Sacraments of Communion or Confirmation
- People who are searching for God, want to reconnect with their faith and come back to our Catholic Church
How do I start the RCIA process?
- Contact Ed Ibarra (Coordinator of Religious Education, Youth Ministry, and RCIA)
- RCIA Group Sessions are held twice a month on Sundays after the 9:45 AM Mass at the Parish Center.
For more information, contact Ed Ibarra (Coordinator of Religious Education, Youth Ministry, and RCIA) at email@example.com or Google Voice Phone: (408) 518-0887.