TO PROMOTE THE LIVING GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
AND LIVE THE UNIVERSAL CALL TO HOLINESS.
Building Our Community
- Hospitality & Stewardship. Be one of the friendliest churches on the peninsula where newcomers choose to become parishioners, and parishioners choose to get involved and support the mission.
- Diverse Culture & Gifts. Honor our diversity by including everyone and working together as one. Reflect our parish’s rich diversity in our organizations and ministries.
- Evangelization. Attract people of all ages to the living Gospel of Jesus Christ and to St. Mark Church including Christian converts, Catholics moving into the area, and those returning to the Church.
- Communication. Communicate and listen with empathy so that: (1) Potential parishioners will learn about us and know they are welcome. (2) Parishioners understand how and why to engage. And (3) Organization and ministry leaders can understand the needs of the community and work together in harmony.
Nurturing and Living Our Faith
- Spirituality. Guide parishioners to strong belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and lives of holiness.
- Liturgy. Through outstanding liturgy give praise to God, grow in faith and holiness, inspire active participation in the mass, and draw people to our parish community.
- Faith Formation. Help the faithful of all ages grow in Christian maturity and live as disciples of Jesus. Enrich their Catholic way of life through the study of Scripture, preparation for the Sacraments, and the teaching of the Church’s tradition.
- Social Justice. Serve Christ by serving others and promoting peace and justice. Social Justice Prayer
- Small Christian Communities. Organize groups of five to twelve parishioners who regularly gather for prayer, scriptures, and discussion. Nurture their faith and draw them closer to God, our parish, and one another.
Managing Our Parish
- Leadership. Continually develop spirited servant-leaders who engage parishioners in advancing the right mission and vision for St. Mark.
- Finance. Manage the financial well-being of the parish.
- Safety & Maintenance. Foster safety on church grounds and at off-site church events. Prolong the useful life of parish assets through proactive maintenance.