GREETERS: Who Can Join?
Anyone aspiring to make Saint Mark the friendliest church on the peninsula, where newcomers choose to become parishioners and parishioners choose to get involve and spreads Christ’s love.
If you would like to serve as a Greeter, please see any Greeter at Mass or contact the Rectory at:
• Phone: 650-591-5937.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greet and welcome
- Arrange bearers of Offertory gifts
- Place “Reserved” signs on benches for special groups
- Assist in passing the collection baskets
- Help the Communion flow
- Assist those who become ill or need aid
- Distribute bulletins
- After Mass area check
- Lift kneelers
- Replace song books
- Remove trash and other items
- Close windows and lock (after last Mass)
- Turn out lights (after last Mass)
THE MINISTRY OF HOSPITALITY
Yours is the first of Christ’s faces to greet God’s people as they assemble for prayer.
Your greeting of welcome is the first wish that “The Lord be with YOU!”
Yours is the word that welcomes the stranger to be at home, or the silence that makes of our assembly a foreign land.
Yours is the task of discretion: knowing how to welcome, and when and where to seat the latecomer.
Yours may be the last word that ushers the community to its week of work in the Lord’s vineyard.
Yours is the Lord’s face and voice