- Yours is the first of Christ’s faces to greet God’s people as they assemble for prayer.
- Yours is the word that welcomes the stranger to be at home.
- Yours is the task of discretion: knowing how to welcome, and when and where to seat the latecomer.
- Yours is the Lord’s face and voice.
Who Can Join?
Anyone aspiring to make St. Mark a friendly and welcoming church!
What are the duties of an Usher and Greeter?
- Greet and welcome
- Arrange bearers of Offertory gifts
- Place “Reserved” signs on benches for special groups
- Assist in passing the collection baskets
- Help the Communion flow
- Assist those who become ill or need aid
- Distribute bulletins and other materials
- After mass area check
- Lift kneelers
- Remove trash and other items
- Close doors and lock (after last Mass)
- Turn out lights (after last Mass)
Due to COVID, St Mark has formed a Sanitation Ministry that is responsible for implementing guidelines imposed or recommended by the CDC and local health authorities for the protection of all parishioners who assemble for masses and other events. Dr. Patrick Zecha heads the Ministry. If you would like to volunteer for this Ministry, contact the Rectory.