PARISH FINANCE COUNCIL
The role of the Parish Finance Council is to advise and assist the Pastor in overseeing and controlling the financial affairs of the parish. It is an Archdiocesan requirement in every parish.
While the Pastor has the responsibility for final decisions, the Parish Finance Council helps to:
- Oversee the development of the balanced annual operating and capital budgets
- Conduct quarterly reviews of the parish financial statements which include monthly comparisons to the budgets
- Determine sources of parish revenue and assist in development of programs to increase revenue
- Make recommendations for maintenance and improvements
- Advise on managing and caring for parish buildings and equipment
- Provide parishioners with approved budget and financial statements at least annually
- Ascertain compliance with Archdiocesan Financial Policies and Guidelines
The Parish Finance Council must have at least 3 members who are appointed by the Pastor and serve for 3 year terms.
The Chairperson is appointed by the pastor and members meet on a monthly basis.
To best serve the parish, the Council should have a range of skills and expertise in business, management, finance, accounting, legal, fund raising and other related fields.
Father Angel Quitalig (Pastor)
Deacon Richard Dizon (Chair)